Baltimore County Dental Association
The Baltimore County Dental Association is a component of the Maryland State Dental Association and the American Dental Association.
According to the Baltimore County Dental Association, Inc. Constitution and Bylaws, the objectives of BCDA are:
- To advance the science and art of dentistry;
- To encourage high standards in dental education and continuing standards of excellence in the professional training and continuing education of members of the dental profession;
- To recommend and assist in every reasonable way the passage of just laws governing the practice of dentistry;
- To foster, maintain and enlarge public understanding of the nature of the practice of dentistry and the necessity for proper dental care and service;
- To promote goodwill among its members and to seek protection of their rights and privileges;
- To perform those functions provided by the act of the Legislature under which the Association is incorporated;
- To advance the maintenance of ethical standards which reflect the learned nature of the profession and the responsibilities of the dental practitioner to the whole community.
To reach Association office you may:
- Call us at 410-560-0064
- Email us at [email protected]
- Fill out the Contact Us form below.
Meet Your President
Dr. John Smith
Arash Mike Rostami, D.D.S., M.S., DICOI
After graduating from University of Maryland Dental School and completing a general practice residency at Johns Hopkins Hospital, I went into practice as a general dentist. I was fortunate to have had great mentors and, after practicing for two years, I decided to go back for specialty training in periodontics and dental implant surgery. Since that time, I have practiced as a periodontist and I also teach one day a week at the Dental School in the general dentistry clinic.
Even over the short time (12 years) since graduating from dental school, I have seen dramatic changes in dentistry. CAD/CAM and CBCT have become the norm in treating patients. Digital scanning and planning have made treatments more pleasant for the patient. Along with the positive changes have come some negative changes to the profession as a whole. Insurance companies are dictating care for our patients and delaying and denying procedures which are clearly contractually covered.
My focus as President of the Baltimore County Dental Association will be to work with the Maryland State Dental Association to see if we can pass legislation to curb the negative influence of insurance companies on dental care.
|Monday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|